The Art and Science of Applied-Curiosity & Living
What is Brain Fuel?
Join the Tribe of the Curious and Get Yours
Follow your curiosity. Get valuable, exclusive content, tools & curiosities to help you unleash the greatest power of curiosity for life, adventure, and work.
Our Applied-Curiosity training uses science-based, question-dominant engaged-thinking and assumption testing to create breakthroughs and generate new ideas. Using Curiosity as a tool, individuals and organizations learn to test assumptions and overcome the stagnation that stands in the way of generating new & innovative ideas, making better decisions, increasing sales, and designing ideal work styles and lifestyles.
Hand crafted with free-range thinking and scientific surgical precision to elevate your curiosity. Chomp on Curiosity Bites, sample curious curations and inspirations, and…wouldn’t you love to know?
What is Living Curiously?
Living Curiously is a way of being. It is not about endless inquiry and striving for the unattainable goal of knowing everything. Living Curiously is about systematically creating the mindset of curiosity and fostering that mindset in organizations. This results in being able to elevate curiosity ahead of criticism, judgment, fear, and complacency in order to discover blind spots, find hidden connections and opportunities, and live a more fulfilling and adventurous life.
What is Applied Curiosity?
Applied Curiosity is about doing. It is the systematic process of using curiosity as a tool for sales and influence, innovation and creativity, and decision-making and problem-solving. Learning the fundamentals of Applied Curiosity enables you to understand the different ways to use curiosity to manage Peak Curiosity for yourself and others. This is increasingly vital as new research indicates that fostering curiosity and being able to systematically apply curiosity may be one of the most important advantages for forward-thinking organizations. Read more…
The Living Curiously Philosophy and Promise:
- Curiosity is like a muscle that requires constant exercise. Exercise and flex it and it’s there for you when you need it. It lets you see things others miss. Neglect it and it atrophies and locks you in your comfort zone where you expose yourself to the dangerous risk of being blind-sided. The best exercises for curiosity are not as obvious as they may seem.
- When you learn these curiosity exercises you will be able to consciously elevate curiosity ahead of criticism, judgment, fear and complacency. The results will be remarkable, and the benefits will be tremendous.
- Understanding and using Peak Curiosity will become a foundational skill that will provide you with a deeper understanding of yourself and others. It will also give you an elegant advantage.
- All of the tenets of Living Curiously and Applied Curiosity are science-based.
- When you begin to reverse the privileged status of answers over questions, you’re on the right track.
- Summoning, cultivating, and using curiosity will be increasingly critical for forward, unconventional, and adventurous thinking.
- Curiosity may leave you sloshing around in the murky pond of the grey area. This may be uncomfortable. It is, however, exactly where the most powerful insights hide. These insights are the enemy of the stagnation that stands between you and influence, creativity, innovation, better decisions, new ideas, and a more fulfilling and adventurous life.
- Everything is your choice, unless you allow choices to be made for you. When you choose curiosity you unlock the shackles of stagnation and innovative ideas flourish. Adventure appears everywhere. You can then move from having your life decided for you to having your life designed by you.
My dream is for The Living Curiously Lifestyle to become a movement. My hope is that the movement will be open-source, primarily leaderless and grow out of control. The Tribe of the Curious will welcome dissention and controversy and accusations of dipshittery. Skeptics and seekers will sit together at the head of the table while humorists will pour cocktails down their gullets and shirts. People who value happiness and positive thinking will cross-pollinate with people who value snarkiness and cynical humor. Scientists will roll their eyes while finding just enough value to simultaneously raise their eyebrows. To start, all you have to do is be just curious and brave enough to wonder if some of your assumptions are worthy of reconsideration. If that sounds scary, it is. Just consider giving it a try. You may not want that kind of life, and that’s okay. Snoop around anyway. Maybe you’ll change your mind. Maybe not. If you already know that you’re a curiosity-seeking, assumption-busting adventurer and unconventional thinker, you’ve come to the right place. Join the Tribe of the Curious.
Speaking about Living Curiously
Becki will excite your audience to elevate curiosity and help your audience use curiosity to define, design and create remarkable lives and careers. That’s a lot of smart, insightful, adventurous goodness. Curious about…
Arousing the Buy Curious?
Curiosity has a starring role in sales and ethical persuasion. How can you tap into curiosity to sell, persuade, cajole, arouse, or influence? How can you get your clients and customers to ask: “What does it mean? What does it mean for me?” Ah, good question. You’re curious. Follow your curiosity and Becki will help. Can we arouse your curiosity about…
The Living Curiously Method?
The Living Curiously Method™ is an actionable 5-step framework that works using curiosity in a very specific and methodical way. It will show you exactly how you capture the greatest power of curiosity in order to be remarkable and do good stuff. The Living Curiously Method is optimized for unconventional thinking and assumption-busting. It will help define and design remarkability for business and life. Move from inspiration to inspired action…with strategic curiosity as your guide. If you’d like Becki to speak at your event, please let us know! If you’d like to host a Living Curiously or Arousing the Buy Curious event, let’s make it happen!